Horse riding - With their own stables and 3 horses, experienced & young riders can choose to explore the local holy forests or canter along the beach, giving less advanced riders a chance to practice their steps in one of Kinondo Kwetu’s riding paddocks.
Scuba diving – Kinondo Kwetu caters for all levels of scuba diving enthusiasts, from beginners taking their first PADI lesson to experienced divers who want to explore the reef. The reef is located so close to the coast, that incredible dives can be taken as near as 5 minutes away by boat! Best time for this is Sept – March when the winds are favorable.
Health and wellbeing - Exclusive yoga weeks, drawing masters from all over the world, are held at Kinondo Kwetu several times per year. As a completely holistic experience, not only does the exercise and ambiance give off a sense of health and wellbeing, but even the cuisine is suited to detox and revitalize the body. In addition, there are massages, beauty treatments, a wood-fired sauna, 2 swimming pools, a professional tennis course and a small exercise area.
Sacred Kaya Forest - Kaya Kinondo is the first Mijikenda sacred forest to open up for controlled ecotourism and the first such activity on the Kenyan Coast. You will discover beautiful trees, corals, spectacular lianas, monkeys, spectacular birdlife as well as the spiritual rituals of the local communities which are carried out in the Kaya.
- Scuba diving (ranging from first PADI diving lesson to advanced reef dives and international diving ‘passport’)
- Snorkeling (on site) § Sailing (Hobie Cat &Traditional) & Canoeing (on site)
- Kite surfing (courses available off site but close by)
- Deep-sea fishing (from Kinondo)
- Water skiing & Wakeboarding (on site)
- 2 x Swimming Pools (on site)
- Boat Excursions (Kinondo Kwetu boats) to ‘Paradise Lost’ island
- Skateboarding at Kinondo Kwetu (on site)
- Tennis court (on site)
- Horse-riding (on site stables/ on beach, in sacred ‘Kaya’ forests and paddock)
- Shopping / sight-seeing trips to Ukunda or Mombasa
- Massage & beauty treatments (on site)
- Wood-fired Sauna (on site)
- Yoga platform and instructors (on site)
- Gym and Private trainer (on site)
- Cultural visits to Kinondo village & Kinondo Kwetu Community works
- Golf (available off site)
- Game drives within Shimba Hills National Reserve